Microsoft is boosting its Office for Mac service today. The company has announced the release of Version 16.19.181104 for Apple’s computer platform. It is worth noting this is available in preview on the Office Insider Program.
With that in mind, expect this latest Office for Mac update to come to general users in the coming week. This is a fairly extensive release and boasts a number of new features.
Microsoft says it has introduced a Summary Zoom in PowerPoint, which presents all images in a presentation with an interactive table. Elsewhere, email encryption in Outlook is more efficient through an Encrypt-only button.
There are plenty of other features coming to Office for Mac, so check out the changelog below:
- Get the picture? Search the web for pictures within your office apps. Select Insert > Online Pictures to begin.
- What’s in the filename? Click the filename to quickly move, rename, or browse the version history of your cloud documents, worksheets, and presentations.
- Summary Zoom: See all of the pieces of your presentation at once in an interactive table of contents. When presenting, get the flexibility you need to be creative and show your slides in any order, skip ahead or jump back as needed.
- Easier mail encryption: The Encrypt button now has an Encrypt-only option which makes it easier to send encrypted email, both inside an outside your organization.
- Your ribbon icons have a new look: Don’t worry, everything works the same. Plus, all of the icons look great on screens of all sizes.
Recent Office 365 Update
Earlier this week, Microsoft announced new features for Word and PowerPoint on Office 365. Of course, Office 365 is cloud based, so these features are coming to Mac users. Like the Office for Mac update, this new 365 release will come to users this month.
Microsoft Word and PowerPoint for Office 365 will receive embedded 3D animations. Users will be able to use the feature to easily add 3D models into content. Microsoft says the goal is for users to “easily illustrate more complex ideas” in documents.