Microsoft's Enterprise K1 plan was created with a focus on productivity via scheduling and communications tools. It's primarily for workers without a desk or office, like hotel and retail employees.
However, the Office 365 ecosystem has evolved quite a bit recently, and Enterprise K1 users haven't seen all of the benefits. Today, Microsoft is addressing that, with the inclusion of several new services.
Enterprise K1 for Office 365 Additions
- “Microsoft StaffHub—Helps frontline workers manage their workday with schedule management, information sharing and the ability to connect to other work-related apps and resources. StaffHub was added to the K1 plan earlier this year.
- OneDrive for Business with 2 GB of cloud storage—Provides employees a secure environment to store, manage and access files from virtually anywhere and on any device.
- Skype for Business presence and instant messaging—Enables employees to communicate in real-time, along with the ability to participate in Skype Meeting Broadcast sessions.
- Microsoft Teams—A hub for teamwork that connects employees to the people, tools and content they need to do their best work.
- Office 365 Video—Provides employees with a secure, company-wide destination for posting, sharing and discovering video content.
- Microsoft PowerApps and Microsoft Flow—Eases the automation of repetitive tasks and workflows.”
Microsoft has been trailing the new plan already, the first customer being AccorHotels:
The products will be rolling out to customers in the next few weeks. The price will stay at $4 per user per month. You can find more detail on the Office blog.