Back in January 2016, Microsoft released a OneNote UWP update to Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring that brought a refreshed user interface to the app. It also included new features such as the ability to hide page previews in the Notebook view and hide spelling error lines.
Now, the company has released another update for the OneNote UWP app to the Fast Ring, bringing the version number up to 17.7830.10001. An online OneNote Notebook provides more information about what’s included in the update.
Here’s what’s included in terms of specifics:
- “Password protection: The ability to password protect notebook sections as well as change passwords and unlocking protected sections
- New page creation control: You can now create a new page below the highlighted page by selecting the command in the context menu (previously, you could only add a new page at the bottom of the page list)
- Bullet list gallery: Users can now choose from eight bullet styles instead of just the one provided in the past
- Paragraph handles
- Drag and drop notebook list reordering
- Section group renaming
- Image saving: Images can now be saved from OneNote via the context menu
- File attachment saving: File attachments can now also be saved from OneNote via a context menu command
- Shapes gallery: Shapes can now be inserted via the Insert tab while holding Shift while inserting creates a perfect shape
- Table support: Almost all table features are now included except the options for ‘Hide Borders’ and ‘Header Row’”
Microsoft is planning a public release that will transform the app, aiming to bring features of the desktop version to the modern Universal Windows Platform.