If you are a Microsoft 365 Insider and use Teams Phone to make and receive calls on behalf of someone else, you might be interested in the new features that are rolling out for delegates. Delegates are users who have been granted permission by another user (called a delegator) to manage their calls and voicemails. With the latest version of the Microsoft Teams Phone app on Android or iOS, delegates can enjoy a more streamlined and intuitive experience.
One of the new features is a dedicated delegate tab that shows all the calls and voicemails of the delegators, as well as the option to switch between them. This makes it easier for delegates to keep track of the communication history of each delegator and access their contacts and settings.
One of the new features is the ability to join active calls that the delegator is on. This can be useful for delegates who need to assist the delegator with a call or join a conference call. To join an active call, delegates can simply tap the Join button on the delegate tab next to the delegator's name.
Another new feature is the ability to control the permissions for each delegator. Delegates can choose whether they want to make calls, receive calls, or both, on behalf of each delegator. This can help delegates to balance their workload and preferences. To control the permissions, delegates can tap the Info icon next to a delegator's name and toggle the options for Make calls and Receive calls.
To set up delegation in Teams Phone, you need to follow these steps:
- On your computer, open Teams and go to Settings > Calls.
- Under Call answering rules, click Edit my delegates.
- Search for the person you want to add as a delegate and click Add.
- Click Save.
Full List of New Features for Teams Phone
- Easily switch between different phone lines. Delegates can now easily switch between different phone lines, making it easier to manage multiple calls.
- Join active calls (barge). Delegates can now join active calls, even if they were not the original recipient of the call. This is helpful if an executive is on a call and needs their assistant to join the conversation.
- Control permissions of call resume and join active call. Delegates can now control who can resume and join active calls. This is helpful for ensuring that only authorized users can access sensitive information.
- View call history for delegators and delegates for calls made or received. Delegates can now view the call history for both delegators and delegates, making it easier to track calls and follow up on important conversations.