If you want to rip DVD/Blu-ray into normal video files to watch on any device, you’ll need a ripper tool to get the job done. There are plenty of tools available, but many are too complex or expensive. Many users may want to rip encrypted discs but not necessarily need pro-grade usage. Tools such as VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper are a good choice because they combine a good feature set with easier functionality.
VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper is one of many available Blu-ray rippers for Windows and Mac, and as you can see from our guide below, one that is very easy to use. On this page you will see a full and straightforward step-by-step guide for ripping Blu-rays and DVDs using this handy tool.
What is VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper?
VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper is a versatile and easy-to-use software that can rip Blu-ray and DVD discs to video/audio files in various formats. It works on both Windows and Mac computers and supports all kinds of Blu-ray/DVD discs. You can also edit, crop, trim, merge, add subtitles and effects to your videos before converting them. VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper is designed to provide you with high-quality outputs and fast conversion speed.
Main features of VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper
- Works across Blu-ray and DVD: Can rip from all types of DVD/Blu-ray discs, including those under encryptions such as encryption methods like AACS, Cinavia, APS, CSS. This includes homemade and commercial DVD/Blu-ray discs, VIDEO TS folders, ISO files to regular digital formats.
- Lossless Quality: VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper processes discs with 1:1 lossless quality and has custom adjustable quality. Dozens of output devices are supported, including Apple iPhones, Samsung Galaxy devices, and smartphones for Xiaomi, Huawei, Google, and other brands.
- Supports Hundreds of Formats: The software provides support for 300+ media formats. Video formats include MP4, AVI, and MOV. Audio formats include FLAC, WAV, WMA, and AAC. SD video formats include MPG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4.
- Fast Decryption: Most discs are ripped with 6x speed through support for acceleration standards like Intel QSV, AMD APP, and Nvidia NVEN/CUDA.
- Keep Audio and Subtitles: VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper maintains subtitles and audio tracks during conversions. It is also possible to add your own external subtitles and audio to content that you have ripped.
How to Rip Blu-ray/DVD on Windows Using VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper
VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper can decrypt and process both Blu-rays and DVDs, allowing you to convert discs into a file format that suits your needs. While the method for both options is similar, there are some differences to note. To make it easier to understand, we will provide step-by-step guide for ripping Blu-rays and DVDs on Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Using VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper to Process Blu-ray Discs
Step 1: Load the Blu-ray Disc
Link your Blu-ray drive to your PC and insert the disc you want to convert. Open BD-DVD Ripper and click “Load Blu-ray” to import the disc.
Step 2: Choose the content you want to rip
You can now choose the content on the disc you want to rip. For example, the main movie on a Blu-ray. To make it easier, VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper automatically selects the main movie by default.
Step 3: Pick and output format
Use the drop-down list for the selected content and choose “Rip All”. A pop-up window now allows you to pick the media format you want to convert and output to.
Step 4: Rip the Blu-ray disc content
In the final step, click the “Rip All” button in the main window to start the conversion process, which rips the Blu-ray disc to the digital video format you chose. A progress bar shows the completion percentage.
Using VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper to Process DVDs
Step 1: Load the DVD disc
Connect your DVD drive to your Windows PC and insert the DVD disc into the drive. Click “Load DVD” for BD-DVD Ripper to recognise the disc. It is also possible to select a DVD ISO file or folder that is stored on your PC.
Step 2: Choose what content to rip
Like with the Blu-ray, VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper automatically selects the main movie. You can choose to deselect or select other content that is on the DVD.
Step 3: Pick the format you want to output to
Open the drop down menu and choose one of the following options that meets your needs: “Rip DVD to Video/Audio” > select “Rip to DVD Folder” or “Rip to ISO File”.
Step 4: Rip the DVD
Click “Rip All” in the main interface to rip the DVD to your chosen format and output it to your preferred local folder.
Before you can use VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper, it is worth checking if your system requirements can run the software. Luckily, this is a light program that does not require bleeding edge specifications. You can run the software perfectly with the following specs or better:
- Windows：Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP (SP2 or later)
- Mac：Mac OS X 10.7 or above
- CPU: 1GHz Intel/AMD CPU or above
- RAM: 1G RAM or more
VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper is an uncomplicated way to rip DVDs and Blu-ray to another media format on Windows. Of course, it is not the only option available, so you may want to check out alternatives such as MakeMKV, VLC, and Handbrake