Minecraft players are awaiting two massive updates… Caves and Cliffs Update Part Two (likely arriving soon) and The Wild Update (dropping in 2022). To tide us over until those release, Microsoft-owned Mojang is rolling out the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 126.96.36.199.
Currently available for beta testers, this is an update for the Bedrock Edition and is landing on Windows, Xbox, and Android.
Unfortunately, as Mojang looks to feature updates of the future, the latest Minecraft: Bedrock Edition release does not add any new features. Instead, version 188.8.131.52 focuses on squashing bugs, improvements, and making the overall experience better.
So, exciting this update is not, but that’s okay. Below is the full changelog:
Features & bug fixes
- Players can once again continuously place water, lava, and Powder Snow by holding down the “Place” button
- Light blocks no longer support blocks that need support, e.g. Beds and Paintings
- Mineshaft pillars should no longer generate in lava
- Mineshafts will not generate Dirt floors anymore
- Mineshafts now use Log Blocks for creating support pillars
- Fixed a problem that caused certain worlds to increase in size, causing high RAM usage
- Fixed shallow water turning brighter when aimed while holding a Small Drip Leaf
- Tall flowers will now drop only one item when broken by water placed in the upper half of the flower
- Fixed an issue where terrain could be seen through
- Education Features: NPCs no longer have idle sounds
- Chorus Fruit now works correctly at negative Y coordinates
- Adjusted the smoothness of movement for Primed TNT, Lingering Potions, Splash Potions, and Bottle o’ Enchanting when far from players
- Multiple Education Edition items no longer show the craftingScreen.tab.none tooltip
- All ground vegetation can now be placed on Mycelium
- Increased the chances of Axolotl naturally spawning in Lush Caves
- Fish now attempt to avoid Axolotls
- Magma Cubes are now correctly aggressive towards Iron Golems and Slimes are no longer aggressive towards Snow Golems
- Phantoms should now be able to free themselves after getting stuck when trying to pathfind into mountains”
- “Ore generation has now been tweaked to be in parity with Java Edition
- Gravel can now correctly replace Deepslate during world generation
- Gold Ore in Badlands biomes are no longer generating in too large of quantities
- Lava sources are no longer generated in Frozen Ocean biomes
- Deepslate Copper Ore variant is now correctly generating in the world
- Updated naming for new Caves & Cliffs mountain biomes to better match between Bedrock and Java Edition”
- “Fixes the rendering of the icons in text, making the colors not distorted”
Tip of the day: Do you know the built-in repair tools SFC and DISM of Windows 10? With many problems they can get you back on track without loosing data and using third-party programs. In out tutorial we show you how to use them.