Microsoft has launched a new application for its Mixed Reality Toolkit (MRTK). Called MRTK Examples Hub, the application gives developers tools to use sample scenes from the toolkit.
If you are unfamiliar with MRTK-Unity, it is a Microsoft toolkit that hosts several features and tools. Developers can access the project to accelerate their Mixed Reality creations built in Unity across platforms.
When using MRTK-Unity, developers have access to basic templates for creating applications for Windows Mixed Reality, OpenVR, and Microsoft HoloLens. The service also has an in-editor simulation for testing solutions in real-time.
It supports the following systems:
- Windows Mixed Reality
- Microsoft HoloLens
- Microsoft HoloLens 2
- OpenVR headsets (HTC Vive and Oculus Rift)
- Ultraleap Hand Tracking
— WalkingCat (@h0x0d) May 28, 2020
With MRTK Examples Hub, users can tap into these example scenes efficiently. WalkingCat has published a video highlighting how the application works:
Here are the app features:
- Provides the basic building blocks for Unity development on HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality, and OpenVR.
- Enables rapid prototyping via in-editor simulation that allows you to see changes immediately.
- Operates as an extensible framework that provides developers the ability to swap out core components.
- Supports a wide range of platforms, including