Businesses in a race to compete and keep pace with changing technology now have help. Microsoft has today debuted Dynamics NAV 2018. The solution serves as an end-to-end business management suite. It is designed to make organizations more efficient during modernization processes.
In a blog post to announce Dynamics NAV 2018, Microsoft says small and mid-sized businesses can sometimes struggle to compete when accelerating to new technology. The new solution if now generally available to customers with new capabilities and more interoperability through Microsoft’s other services.
This includes integration with Office 365. The latest version of Dynamics NAV works across devices to help organizations react more efficiently to business changes. In its announcement, Microsoft announced the following capabilities of the suite:
- Lower costs of implementation and adoption with new automated setup guides that simplify initial setup of Dynamics NAV and help to seamlessly integrate with Dynamics 365 for Sales. In addition, we’ve introduced a new user tasks function that improves user productivity.
- Streamline business processes with new out-of-the-box Microsoft Excel report templates (for example, Trial Balance, Cash Flow statements and more), as well as deeper utilization of Microsoft Cognitive Services for image recognition of inventory Items and contacts. We’ve also added improvements to the Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capabilities with the Kofax Invoice Capture Service, for process improvement with digitized purchase invoices.
- Empower employees with new embedded and contextually relevant Power BI reports, improving visualization and visibility within the most highly-used lists in Dynamics NAV. Also, new integrations with Microsoft Flow enable users to automate tasks directly in the context of their Dynamics NAV experience.
Dynamics 365 Expansion
Also to help small and medium businesses adjust to changes, Microsoft is expanding the capabilities of Dynamics 365. The Finance and Operations and Business Edition versions are now fully integrated with Dynamics NAV.
The company says it is responding to customers who want a single management solution. Instead of applications for each business, organizations can now manage operations from a single place:
- A Microsoft Dynamics 365 cloud application, which enables partners participating in the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) Program to deliver an end-to-end cloud business management solution to their small and mid-sized customers – across key business functions, including sales, financial management, project management, and operations.
- A business application platform for ISVs, which enables Microsoft ISV Cloud Embed program partners to build and offer vertical cloud solutions directly to customers.