The Surface Book 2 released less than a week ago, but Microsoft has already rolled out an update for the device. Dated November 18, it contains tweaks for two different Windows versions, including the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
The changes include a rollout of support for Windows Mixed Reality features. Others focus on system stability, with no security, battery life, or performance updates.
Surface Book 2 Firmware Update Changelog
Though none of the changes are major, they should help create a platform on which to build on. Users may note the following changes if they’re still running the Windows 10 Creators Update (1703):
- Intel Corporation – Display – 18.104.22.16840:
- Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 – 22.214.171.12440 improves system stability.
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 – 126.96.36.19940 improves system stability.
- Surface – Firmware – 387.1879.769.0:
- 387.1879.769.0 improves system stability.
- Surface – HID– 188.8.131.52:
- Surface Dial Filter – 184.108.40.206 improves system stability.
- Surface – System – 220.127.116.11:
- Surface Integration – 18.104.22.168 improves system stability.
- Surface – USB – 22.214.171.124:
- Surface UCSI Device, Universal Serial Bus controllers – 126.96.36.199 improves system stability.
Meanwhile, users of the Fall Creators Update (1709) have received support for Windows Mixed Reality. As the devices shipped with 1703, you’ll have to begin the upgrade to access those features.
To enable them, Microsoft has made the following tweaks:
- “NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 – Device adapters 188.8.131.5208 required to support Windows Mixed Reality features.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 – Device adapters 184.108.40.20608 required to support Windows Mixed Reality features.
- Surface ACPI Notify Driver – System devices 220.127.116.11 required to support Windows Mixed Reality features.
- Surface Integration Service Device – System devices 18.104.22.168 required to support Windows Mixed Reality features.”
You should have been prompted to download the firmware update a few days ago via the usual methods. If not, you can grab them manually from the official site. The file will let you install drivers selectively if needed.