Though we reported on the design of the device earlier, we now have more details about its internals.
As Panay suggested, this is more of a refresh than a completely new iteration. However, that doesn't mean there isn't value in the new model.
Surface Pro Specs, Pricing, and Release Date
- 7th Gen Intel Core processor with fanless design
- 13.5 hours of battery life
- 165-degree tiltable hinge for “Studio Mode”
- 8.5mm thick, 1.69 lbs
- New Surface Pen with 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity
- New tilt functionality for better angle detection and accuracy
- Improved Surface Pro Signature Type Cover with 1.3mm of key travel and high-quality scissor mechanism
- 12.3″ PixelSense touch display, 3:2 aspect ratio, 267 PPI with Dial and new Surface Pen support
- Full-size glass trackpad with five finger multi-touch support
- Platinum, Burgandy, Cobalt, Blue and Black styles for Signature Type Cover, Surface Pen, Arc Mouse.
- 4G LTE model coming later this year
The improved Pen and Inking functionality is designed to work in tandem with some upcoming software tweaks. The Microsoft Whiteboard app will provide a two-way inking for students and creatives, though there's no solid release date.
However, a closer release builds on existing software. Microsoft will be integrating the Surface Pen in the Office suite, with a customizable pen, pencil, and highlighter settings. That functionality will become available in June, which is also when the Surface Pro will launch. The device will be coming on June 15th to 26 markets, including:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK, US.
The launch price for the base model will be $799, though it's not yet clear how that will change in other regions. Speaking of, June 15th also marks a wider launch for the Surface Laptop and Surface Studio.
The Studio is coming to Austria, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. The recent Surface Laptop will come to China, Hong Long, and Taiwan.