Rubrik is a relatively new company, but very successful. The startup offers a unified data management system with instant recovery, search, analytics, and more. The company is raising around $170 million on a $1 billion valuation, and this announcement should help with its growth.
Rubrik has now extended its scale-out software fabric with support for cloud apps in AWS and Microsoft Azure. Organizations can now run Rubrik in the cloud to index, backup and recover their data.
“To successfully operate in a multi-cloud world, enterprises require a backup and data management solution that frees their data from the underlying infrastructure,” explains Bipul Sinha, CEO of Rubrik. “With this monumental release, enterprises can instantly access data within a hybrid cloud environment to deliver best-in-class customer experiences, streamline operations, and prepare for future innovations.”
Rubrik Features on Azure and AWS
The update is a significant change to the old system, where companies would have to run it on an on-premises data center. The cloud functionality provides a number of benefits to enterprises:
- “Get up and running in minutes by deploying Rubrik as a software instance on AWS and Azure. Protect cloud applications, deliver inter- and intra-cloud replication (Azure to AWS, across AWS regions, across Azure regions), bi-directional replication between cloud and on-prem, cloud data archival, and more.
- Avoid cloud vendor lock-in by easily migrating data from public cloud to public cloud to optimize application service quality.
- Achieve unprecedented management simplicity by using the same consumer-grade HTML5 interface to manage applications on-premises, at the edge, and in the cloud.
- Start small and scale-out easily by growing the Rubrik cluster in lock-step with cloud data growth. All data is indexed and efficiently stored in a single, scale-out repository while providing data resiliency.
- Instantly locate and deliver application-consistent recoveries for data born in the cloud, including files, folders, filesets, VM, and database instances (e.g., Windows, Linux, SQL databases).
- Provide actionable insights with rich visual reporting. Rubrik Envision allows enterprises to create, customize, and share platform analytics on consumption, compliance, and more, across a multi-cloud environment.”
Rubrik’s native cloud protection is currently in Early Access, so organizations need to opt-in to the company’s program manually. You can find more information about that on its website.