Users who wish to keep their notes safe from prying eyes can now add passwords to each separate section. In addition, the new update brings reordering of Notebooks to the OneNote Windows 10 app, which allows users to sort their Notebooks however they like by clicking and dragging.
New Shapes gallery
Microsoft's latest update to the OneNote for Windows 10 app also adds a new menu. Available in the Draw tab, users can find the Shape gallery which lets them insert lines, basic shapes, diagrams, and flow charts.
Changes have also been made to tables, note containers, pictures, and shapes. Users can now re-order the above as layers, choosing which are at the front and which are behind. To do so, they have to choose Order from the pop-up menu and then select among Bring Forward, Bring to Front, Send Backward, or Send to Back.
Save images and files to your PC
Another great feature added to the OneNote Windows 10 app is the ability to save images and other files from OneNote. Users can just right-click a picture or any other file, choose Save As from the pop-up menu and save it to their PC.
Here is the full changelog:
- “Reorder your notebooks: Sort your notebooks however you like. Simply click and drag a notebook to reorder it in the list.
- Password protection: Add a password to a section to keep your notes safe from prying eyes.
- Create diagrams or flow charts: Use the Shapes gallery to insert perfect circles, squares, arrows and more.
- Save images and files: Save your favorite picture or an important file outside of OneNote. Just right-click and save it to a location you specify.
- New page placement: Quickly add a new page below the currently selected one, rather than at the bottom of the page list.
- Change the layer order: Put tables, note containers, pictures, and shapes into your notes and then arrange which are in front and which are behind.
- Paragraph handles: Grab the paragraph handles and reorder or collapse text on the page.
- New bullet styles: Tired of plain old bullets? Spice up your notes with dashes, arrows, diamonds, and more.”
Malwarebytes 3.0 crash issue to be addressed
In addition to the update's changelog, Microsoft has informed users it will address a crash issue on the OneNote for Windows 10 as soon as possible. Specifically, when launching the app users may encounter a crash if they also have Malwarebytes 3.0 installed and OneNotelm.exe has been added as an app to Shield for Malwarebytes.
Malwarebytes 3.0 is a free cyber security and anti-malware software which protects users from malware, ransomware, and other advanced online threats.