Gamers who are a part of the Xbox One Preview program have received a new update over the weekend. Microsoft sent out the release on Saturday. The update is all about clearing the decks and resolving issues. Unfortunately, that means there are no new features to speak of.
Still, as with all preview releases, it is worth grabbing this to have the most up-to-date build available.
These days Microsoft is tying all of its products through Windows 10 with the Universal Windows Platform (UWP).
As mentioned, the latest update brings some bug fixes and general improvements to the Xbox One console.
Microsoft sent out a changelog through the Xbox Preview Forum:
- OS version released: rrs1_xbox_rel_1608.160901-1913
- Available: 6:00PM PDT 9/3 (1:00 AM GMT 5/9))
- Xbox Live
- Resolved an issue that routed users back to BDE after successful Xbox Live Gold purchases.
- Background Music
- This build contains performance optimization for background music apps.
- Resolved an issue that cause some users to experience guide crashes.
Microsoft was busy through the end of July and the first week of August. The company rolled out the Summer Update (Anniversary Update) with major changes such as Cortana support. That release also merged the Windows Store with the Xbox Store.
Preview releases started to launch soon after the Summer Update. Updates cleared up several Anniversary Update issues such as with the Skyrock app.
However, while Microsoft has been shoring up existing features with fixes, users want new features. More specifically, preview members are awaiting features like Arena, Club, and looking for group.