Microsoft has sent out a couple of quick updates today, with the Outlook app on Android getting some new functionality, as well as the Outlook Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile.
The upgrades are hardly sweeping, but in all cases should give users some extra features to play with on both platforms.
As mentioned, there is nothing massive in this update, but check out what is available through a solid upgrade.
Outlook for Android
Those rocking Outlook on Google's operating system can now head to the Play Store and pull in an upgrade that includes some key enhancements, including:
– Users can now change when the week starts, instead of just starting on Sunday's, Saturday and Monday are available in Settings.
– Microsoft has made it easier to see flagged messages in your inbox, with these messages now sporting a tinted background.
– The email scheduling is now more robust, allowing emails to be scheduled to the coming weekend or even the following week.
Outlook and Calendar for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile
Microsoft's own platform is certainly not left out, and in fact the Outlook app gets an even beefier upgrade that improves swipe gestures and offers more functionality in managing images within an email. Changes include:
– A new Swype Quick option that lets messages to be moved to folders more intuitively.
– The ability to paste images and attachments into the body of an email.
– Year View, which lets users see the entire year at a glance.
– Holiday feature on Calendar
– Search text in email reading window.