The latest Windows 10 Mobile build comes with several bug fixes, which include Edge browser enhancements, improved Bluetooth support and other enhancements.
Windows 10 Mobile Insiders have highly anticipated the release of build 10586.71, ever since the desktop update under the same build number was rolled out last week.
As we reported earlier, Windows 10 Mobile Build has been on Microsoft’s update server for a week now.
However, this cumulative update which fixes the following list of bugs is only for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring:
- “Windows Update performance and reliability improvements
- Improvements in migration of data profiles and messaging settings when upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
- SensorCore API’s are now upgraded correctly from Windows Phone 8.1; allowing applications, including many fitness applications, to correctly access movement data.
- SD card detection has been improved on boot and after insertion; File Explorer now handles the removal of an SD card when the default for apps or photos are set to SD.
- Improvements in the Edge browser, including PDF rendering.
- Bluetooth improvements when re-connecting to already paired devices and cars; turn by turn directions, and when using Cortana with the Microsoft Band.
- Improvements in Settings when downloading Maps or changing Quick Settings.
- Reinstalling Groove Music from the Windows Store no longer causes DRM music playback issues. Groove Music local song collections are now more quickly imported within the application
- Device power improvements after listening to music, after missed phone calls when iris detection is disabled, and when downloading updates.
- In app purchases now work correctly when cellular data is disabled.
- Improvements to the reliability of Kids Corner.”
Windows Insiders chief, Gabe Aul highlights that the users in the Insiders program will notice an additional Insider Fast Configuration Update, which will renew an expiring certificate and ensure that the user devices continue to receive updates in the future. We earlier reported that the Configuration Update was released last week, and has been included in the current update for those who haven’t installed it already.