Users quite often need to save a document as a PDF, but not every application supports that functionality. That’s where the concept of PDF printing comes in, with Microsoft Print to PDF and other third-party print to pdf software letting users save any file in the universal format.
Though Microsoft Print to PDF is built-in to Windows 10, its functionality is quite limited. It does the job as a quick solution, those with more complex requirements may struggle to get the document looking exactly as they want.
As a result, today we’ll be covering how to print to PDF with both Microsoft’s tool and Bullzip PDF Printer, which is completely free for personal use. This can also help if your Microsoft Print to PDF is missing or not working.
How to Print to PDF on Windows 10 (the simple way)
As mentioned earlier, the simplest way to Print to PDF on Windows 10 is via the Microsoft Print to PDF tool. This doesn’t give you many options, but it’ll do the job for most people.
- Open the print menu
- Click “Microsoft Print to PDF” or “Save as PDF” or similar if you have other PDF printers installed
- Save the PDF
How to Print to PDF using Advanced Features for Quality, Multi-Page, Password etc.
If you aren’t happy with how your PDF turned out via the usual route, you can access more options via a third-party print to PDF software. We recommend Bullzip PDF printer as it’s free and provides plenty of customization. This will also open options like PDF passwords, multi-page, and quality settings.
- Open the Print dialog and select Bullzip PDF Printer
- Open advanced PDF options
- Select quality, pages, and margin settings
- In the Bullzip PDF Printer dialog, set the format to “PDF”
- Adjust Bullzip document settings
- Add a Watermark (if required)
- Append your output to an existing PDF
- Set a PDF Password
- Save your settings
- Check the final document