Microsoft has today rolled out the latest preview of Windows 10 19H1. The latest release brings the branch up to Windows 10 Preview Build 18356 and is available to Windows Insiders on the Fast Ring. We are less than a month away from the launch of Windows 10 19H1, so this build is focused on fixes.
That means there is just a single feature. We expect this is the last feature before Microsoft finalizes Windows 10 19H1 as version 1903 later this month. Luckily it is an intriguing one as the company brought the ability to mirror an Android phone screen to Windows 10 through the Your Phone app.
Elsewhere, Microsoft has focused on making fixes to the preview. However, the company has not solved any of the known issues from the last build, which remain the same in build 18356.
Here’s what got fixed:
- We fixed a Microsoft Edge crash encountered when interacting with combo boxes in PDF forms.
- We fixed an issue that could result in night light being on after an upgrade, even though all the settings showed that night light should be off.
- We fixed an issue where using the slider to adjust the night light strength could result in night light getting stuck on.
- We fixed an issue where night light was skipping the fade transition when it was turned off (manually or scheduled).
- We fixed an issue resulting in increased battery drain while the screen was on in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the “…” menu contents being clipped for certain apps like Voice Recorder and Alarms and Clock when the app was full screen.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bugcheck green screens citing a KERNEL_SECURITY_VIOLATION error.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We’re investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
April 2019 Update
As we reported earlier this year, Windows 10 19H1 is likely to be called Windows 10 April 2019 Update when it launches next month.
If you are unfamiliar with the way Microsoft numbers Windows, it is quite an easy system. The version number represents the year and month a new update is finalized. For example, Windows 10 October 2018 Update is version 1809 as it was finalized in September 2018.
Microsoft finalizes builds a few weeks before the final launch to all users. That means Windows 10 version 1903 with finalize in March and launch in April.