Available for For Windows tablets and phones now, update 17.7127 adds a variety of new features to OneNote, Word Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile and Excel Mobile. Some additions include drag and drop tables for Word, touch worksheets for Excel and new ink effects for OneNote.
An Office 365 subscription is needed to gain access to the features, as well as a Windows device and the latest app versions.
Here are some of the key improvements as announced by Microsoft:
- Drag and move tables in Word Mobile Forget cut and paste. You can now drag tables to move them around, while the text wraps and adjusts around them.
- Open more file types in Word Mobile You can now open files that were saved in plain text (.txt) format directly in Word.
- Fresh new look for PowerPoint Mobile for Windows Phone* We hope you enjoy viewing and reading presentations on your Windows phone. You can also quickly re-order slides & double-tap to edit. *You’ll need an Office 365 Subscription to access this feature.
- Worksheets built for touch in Excel Mobile No more navigating menus to move the cells around. Just press and hold your selection, then draft the selected cells to a new spot in your worksheet.
- Open more file types in Excel Mobile You can open more file types such as files containing ActiveX controls, OLE objects, Excel 4 macros sheet and more.
- New ink effects for OneNote* Use a whole set of new ink colors for note taking and annotations, like rainbow, galaxy, gold, and more.*You’ll need an Office 365 Subscription to access this feature.
The updates are relatively minor but add some useful functionality. To get access straight away you can opt-in to the Windows Insider Program. All you need is a valid Office 365 Subscription and a Windows phone or tablet.