This article was contributed by Cedric Grantham, a senior editor at EaseUS.
When looking to transfer photos from your iPhone to a computer, you’ll want an effective solution. There are several ways to transfer iPhone photos to PC, each with its own level of simplicity. Depending on your circumstances, the most suitable method may vary.
In this article, we will outline the most straightforward approach for transferring photos from iPhone to PC in various scenarios.
Three Simple Methods for Transferring Photos from iPhone to PC via USB
To transfer iPhone photos using a USB cable, you can utilize File Explorer, Photos, or a specialized iPhone data transfer tool. With an Apple USB cable at hand, follow one of the approaches below to move your photos to a PC.
1. Transferring Photos from iPhone to PC using File Explorer
Utilizing File Explorer, you can transfer photos from your iPhone to your PC without the need for third-party software. It’s important to note that File Explorer organizes your photos by date rather than by album, which could be time-consuming when dealing with specific pictures.
Furthermore, File Explorer only supports one-way photo transfers—meaning you can’t move photos from PC to iPhone or transfer other file types. (For transferring iPhone albums to PC, consider using EaseUS MobiMover in the third method.)
If these limitations are acceptable, File Explorer offers a straightforward way to transfer iPhone photos to PC. However, if you seek more advanced capabilities, continue reading for additional options.
Steps to transfer photos from iPhone to computer using File Explorer:
- Connect your iPhone to the PC using a USB cable.
- Unlock your iPhone and establish trust with the computer.
- Open “File Explorer” and navigate to “This PC” > “Apple iPhone” > “Internal Storage” > “DCIM”. This location contains all your iPhone photos.
- Copy the photos to your computer.
If you wish to transfer photos from iPhone to an HP laptop, File Explorer is also suitable for connecting and transferring images from the iPhone to the computer.
2. Transferring Photos from iPhone to PC using Photos
Another option is to transfer iPhone photos to a PC using the built-in Photos app. This Windows app not only allows simple photo editing but also facilitates importing photos from external devices. Like File Explorer, it arranges photos by date, and you have the option to transfer only new photos to avoid duplicates.
While using the Photos app, you might encounter the “Microsoft Windows not working” issue. Refer to provided tips or explore alternative solutions to proceed.
To import photos from iPhone to computer easily with Photos:
- Connect your iPhone and PC and ensure iPhone recognition.
- Open the Photos app and click “Import” > “From a connected device”.
- Wait for Photos to load photos from your iPhone.
- Select the photos to transfer and click “Import Photos”.
If your iPhone photos are not appearing on PC, verify the USB cable or iPhone status. (Unlock your iPhone for photo transfer.)
3. Transferring Photos from iPhone to PC using EaseUS MobiMover
If you choose to use EaseUS MobiMover to transfer photos from iPhone to PC, you’ll need to download and install the program on your PC. However, this tool offers comprehensive features beyond simple photo transfer.
EaseUS MobiMover combines iPhone data transfer, backup, WhatsApp management, and HEIC conversion capabilities. In addition to transferring photos, it supports various files and can also facilitate transfers from PC to iPhone.
Features of EaseUS MobiMover:
- iPhone Data Transfer: Move photos, videos, music, contacts, and more between iPhones, iPads, iPods, and PCs or between iDevices.
- iPhone Backup: Back up and restore iOS or iPadOS devices, with the ability to view backups.
- WhatsApp Management: Backup WhatsApp messages or transfer chats between iPhones.
- HEIC Conversion: Convert HEIC photos to JPG, addressing Windows compatibility issues.
When importing photos from iPhone to PC, you can transfer albums collectively, selectively, or by date. Similar to File Explorer or Photos, MobiMover provides versatile options.
Steps to transfer photos from iPhone to PC using EaseUS MobiMover:
- Connect your iPhone to a PC running Windows 7 or later.
- Launch EaseUS MobiMover, select “Phone to PC”, and click “Next”.
- Choose the categories for transfer and customize the storage path if needed.
- Click “Transfer” to start transferring photos without iTunes. Using MobiMover ensures data backup to prevent unexpected loss.
- Connect your iPhone to a PC running Windows 7 or later.
Aside from photos, MobiMover supports various file types, including voice memos.
Two Easy Wireless Methods for Transferring Photos from iPhone to PC
If you prefer wireless photo transfers from iPhone to PC, you can use iCloud or third-party cloud services like Google Photos.
1. Transferring Photos from iPhone to PC using iCloud
iCloud facilitates data synchronization across devices sharing the same Apple ID, including PCs. To wirelessly copy photos from iPhone to PC, download and install iCloud for Windows, sign in with your Apple ID, ensure sufficient iCloud space, and follow these steps:
- Enable iCloud Photos in your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Launch iCloud for Windows on your PC and click “Options” next to “Photos”, then enable “iCloud Photo Library”.
- Turn on “Download new photos and videos to my PC” and adjust the storage location if necessary.
- Wait for data syncing to complete.
2. Copying Photos from iPhone to Computer using Google Photos
Another wireless option is using Google Photos to upload iPhone photos to cloud storage and then download them to your PC via a browser. Similar cloud services also facilitate wireless photo transfers from iPhone to PC.
- Download and install Google Photos on your iPhone and sign in with your Google account.
- Open the app, go to “Settings”, and enable “Back up & sync”.
- On your PC, access Google Photos using a browser.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Select the photos you want to transfer.
- Click the “More” icon and choose “Download” to save the photos to your PC.
Using this method, you can also easily transfer photos from iPhone to PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I Open HEIC Photos on Windows?
If your iPhone photos are saved in HEIC format, they might not open on Windows. To view them, use the HEIC converter with EaseUS MobiMover to either convert during transfer or in bulk.
Why Can’t I Transfer my Photos from iPhone to PC?
Depending on the method you use, the cause of issues may vary. If using a USB cable, check the cable and port. For wireless solutions, verify network connection and cloud space.
Can I AirDrop Photos from an iPhone to PC?
AirDrop is only available on Apple devices and cannot be used to transfer photos from iPhone to PC. It works between AirDrop-supported devices, such as iPhones, iPads, iPods, and Macs.
These methods provide easy ways to transfer photos from iPhone to PC. To transfer photos from PC to iPhone, you can apply all methods except File Explorer and Photos. If you encounter difficulties in transferring photos from iPhone to PC, consult the troubleshooting guide for solutions.
About the Author
Cedric Grantham is a senior editor at EaseUS, based in Chengdu, China. He specializes in writing articles about data recovery tutorials for PC and Mac, along with guides on partition management. He remains informed about new releases and has a keen interest in various electronic products.