Microsoft has announced the release of two new Windows 11 Insider Preview builds. The builds include several new features and improvements that make Windows 11 more productive, secure, and fun to use. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.1825 and 22631.1825 for Windows Insiders are now in the Dev Channel and Beta Channel.
This build introduces a new Dynamic Lighting feature that lets you control the RGB lighting of your PC and peripherals from the Settings app. You can choose from different lighting modes, sync your devices, and customize the colors and effects. This feature is especially useful for gamers who want to create immersive gaming environments.
Another new feature in this build is the Win32 App Isolation feature that enhances the security and performance of traditional desktop apps. This feature isolates each app in its own container, preventing it from accessing or affecting other apps or system resources. This reduces the risk of malware infection, data leakage, and system instability.
Other improvements in this build include additions from previous updates:
- An updated Widgets Board that lets you add more widgets, resize them, and rearrange them on the board.
- A redesigned Taskbar that shows more icons, supports multiple monitors, and lets you pin your favorite apps and websites.
- A new PowerToys app that includes several utilities to enhance your productivity, such as FancyZones, PowerRename, Keyboard Manager, and Color Picker.
- A new Microsoft Edge version that supports vertical tabs, sleeping tabs, tab groups, and web capture.
- A new Microsoft Store design that offers a better browsing and downloading experience, with more apps, games, movies, and TV shows available.
How to Get the New Windows 11 Insider Builds
If you are a Windows Insider, you can get the new builds by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and clicking on Check for updates. Make sure you are enrolled in either the Dev Channel or the Beta Channel depending on which build you want to try.
If you are not a Windows Insider yet, you can join the program by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program and following the instructions. You will need a Microsoft account and a compatible PC to participate.