Microsoft's promise to bring deep AI integration into all its products is taking another step today. The company is announcing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot, a new AI-powered solution that brings interactive and automated assistance across business applications. Microsoft describes the product as both a customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) service.
As businesses push to increase productivity, Microsoft says leveraging AI is a way to automate mundane tasks. By using services like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot, the company says workers can focus on the most important aspects of their jobs.
“Customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems have long been mission-critical customer and business data sources; however, they frequently require burdensome tasks like manual data entry, content generation and notetaking. Dynamics 365 Copilot takes advantage of recent advancements in generative AI to automate these tedious tasks and unlock the full creativity of the workforce.”
By putting Copilot AI into the Dynamics 365 components, Microsoft offers the following advantages:
- Copilot in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales and Viva Sales: When using Copilot in Viva Sales, Dynamics 365 Sales can now write email responses and create an email summary of emails that AI sends to Microsoft Teams and/or Outlook. The AI taps directly into the CRM the company uses to provide data from Teams and pricing data.
- Copilot in Dynamics 365 Customer Service: AI in Dynamics 365 Copilot allows users to see contextual answers to the questions they ask in email and in chat. It also shows an interactive chat for knowledge bases. Microsoft says it leverages Azure OpenAI Service, which reached general availability in January. It also access Bing Chat to provide answers to queries.
- Copilot in Dynamics 365 Business Central: AI can now handle product listings for ecommerce sites. For example, Dynamics 365 Business Central uses Copilot to help generate listing designs based on size, color, and descriptions of products. Users can also make granular adjustments such as format and tone of voice.
Microsoft also discussed how Dynamics 365 Copilot can help users with the Insights and Marketing components of the platform:
- “Copilot in Dynamics 365 Customer Insights and Dynamics 365 Marketing empowers marketers to simplify their workflow in data exploration, audience segmentation and content creation.
- With Copilot in Dynamics 365 Customer Insights, marketers can curate highly personalized and targeted customer segments by having a dialogue with their customer data platform using natural language. Marketers can receive suggestions about additional segments that may not have been previously considered. This new capability can handle complex calculations and match customers that fit a select profile.
- Using Copilot in Dynamics 365 Marketing, marketers can describe their customer segment in their own words to create a target segment with the query assist feature. Marketers can also use Dynamics 365 Copilot to effortlessly get inspiration for fresh email campaign content based on a simple request. Copilot makes suggestions based on key topics entered by the marketer, the organization's existing marketing emails, as well as from a range of internet sources to increase the relevance of generated ideas.”
Tip of the day: Did you know that your data and privacy might be at risk if you run Windows without encryption? A bootable USB with a live-linux distribution is often just enough to gain access to all of your files.
If you want to change that, check out our detailed BitLocker guide where we show you how to turn on encryption for your system disk or any other drive you might be using in your computer.