Netflix is one of the most popular streaming platforms in the world, offering a vast selection of movies, TV shows, and other content in multiple languages. However, sometimes users may notice that their Netflix has changed to a language they did not expect. This can be due to the Netflix app automatically detecting and changing the language based on the device’s location.
If you’re wondering why your Netflix has changed language or want to change it for another reason, this guide will show you how.
Learning Languages with Netflix
Netflix offers an excellent opportunity for language learners to immerse themselves in a new language. Watching Netflix in Spanish or another language can enhance your learning experience and improve your language skills. You can also switch the audio and subtitles to your target language for an even more immersive experience.
Netflix also allows users to change the location on their account, which can be useful if you’re traveling abroad and want to access content unavailable in your home country. Whether you’re looking to change your Netflix to Spanish or switch to another language, this guide will walk you through the steps to change the language on your Netflix account.
Changing the Language on Netflix
Here, we will guide you through changing the language on Netflix, whether you are using a computer or an Android/iOS device. With these steps, you can switch between languages and enjoy your favorite content in the language of your choice. Whether you are in a bilingual household, trying to learn a new language, or want to change the default settings, this guide will help you easily change the language on your Netflix account.
How to Change the Language on Netflix on Windows, Mac, or Chromebooks
Here is how to change the language on the Netflix application on Windows, Mac, or ChromeOS / Chromebooks.
- On the Netflix home screen, click on the “Three dots” at the top-right corner
- Click on “Settings” from the options
- Under “Account” settings, click on “Account Details”
- Select the Netflix profile for which you want to change the language
- Click on change next to the “Language” option
- Select your desired language from the options
- Now, click on “Save” to finish changing the language on the Netflix account
You can always change Netflix back to English (default) language if you ever need to.
How to Change the Language of Netflix on the Mobile App
Here is how to change the language on Netflix mobile.
- Tap the “Netflix Profile” icon at the top-right corner of your screen
- Tap “Manage Profiles” to manage your desired Netflix profile
- Select your “Netflix” profile from the options
- In “Edit Profile”, tap the “Display Language” option
- Select your desired language from the options to display it on your Netflix account
- Tap “Restart App” to save the changes made to the Netflix account