Minecraft: Bedrock Edition is receiving a new preview update. In Minecraft Preview 126.96.36.199, Mojang Studios is making plenty of changes that focus on improving overall gameplay. Perhaps the most notable are changes the Microsoft-owned developer has made to sneaking in the game.
Sneaking is now much more useful and intuitive in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. From Minecraft Preview 188.8.131.52 and later, users will now be able to lower themselves further, down to the height of 1.5 blocks instead of 1.8 blocks.
Crouching in Minecraft has always been a little clumsy and has only been useful for preventing falls. While the change is not massive in the latest Minecraft Preview, it should make it easier to move through smaller spaces.
Of course, this is only available for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition players running preview builds. Mojang does not say when it will reach wide release but it could arrive in Minecraft 1.20.
Earlier this week, Microsoft announced that Minecraft Legends will launch on April 8 and pre-orders are open now. The Xbox team also detailed how the new version of Minecraft will differ from the standard game while still retaining the core mechanics.
Minecraft Legends is one of the biggest first-party exclusives Microsoft has planned for this year. It was developed between Mojang Studios and Blackbird Interactive and will feature action and strategy-based gameplay.
The game is an open-world environment for a single-player campaign, online co-op, and the PVP element.
Minecraft Preview 184.108.40.206 Changelog
- Destroying Mangrove Log or Mangrove Wood now properly cause leaves to decay
- End Crystals occupying the same space as a block will no longer cause that block to disappear
- `Replaceitem` and `loot replace block` commands no longer place items in Cauldrons
- Rotation in the `teleport` command is now relative to the executor of the command instead of the target
- Old usage of rotations in commands will stay relative to the target mob for backwards compatibility
- Players no longer take rapid damage when touching damaging blocks
- Fixed a crash that could occur when entering a 220.127.116.11 world in 1.8 or above
- Projectiles shot while swimming / gliding no longer spawn from above the player's position
- Items dropped while swimming / gliding, manually or on death, no longer spawn from above the player's position
- The player's crosshair now properly mines/interacts with items in front of them while swimming / gliding, rather than 1 block above their position
- Written Books can now be moved in the inventory even when the player has identical Written Books
- Double-clicking on the Furnace output slot will no longer drop the item
- Fixed a bug where Observers would not detect changes due to corrupted data
- Hoppers now pull in items from above them through all blocks that have a lower height than a full block
- Fixed an issue where the “Mine” tooltip was appearing when targeting a block with a Trident in Creative game mode
- When starting a new world in Pocket UI, removed the “Press Open Chat to open chat” message for players with text-to-speech turned off
- Parrots will no longer shake while on a player riding a Horse that is turning mid-jump
- Fixed a bug causing global entities (e.g. Ender Dragon and projectiles) to stop rendering when out of normal entity render distance
- Player's hitbox height now reduces to 1.5 blocks while sneaking
- Sneaking will automatically be initiated while stuck in a gap of less than 1.8 blocks
- Sneaking will lower the player camera height respective of these changes
- Sneaking now requires enough space to stand in order to exit sneaking
- Players will transition from swimming to sneaking if they are unable to stand up but would be able to sneak
- Known Issues that we hope to have addressed soon:
- Camera may be obscured when sneaking under blocks in third person view
- Interacting with certain blocks may not work when sneaking in a gap
- Jumping off the edge of blocks may not work as expected when sneaking in a gap
- Updated the How to Play screen with info on new touch controls
- Changing input modes from Gamepad to Touch while an item is selected will return the selected to the inventory or drop it
- Fixed an issue on the Furnace screen where double-tapping the output window caused other slots to become unselectable
- Fixed a bug where progressive select was automatically initiated on the first slot when opening a small Chest
- Ocean Explorer, Woodland Explorer, and Treasure Maps now show the proper icon in the inventory
- Fixed a bug where mouse scrolling on the Friend Options dropdown would not scroll the dropdown contents
- Resolved an issue where graphical elements of the Sign-In / Sign-Up screen could extend beyond the bounds of the dialog container
- Bells that are connected to multiple blocks no longer drop when one block is broken
- Breeding horses can now produce random variants
- Fixed an issue where dead players prevented other players from skipping night
- Eating and drinking animations will now always be centered, regardless of screen aspect ratio
- Note Block sound attenuation over a distance is now linear”
Tip of the day: Do you get flooded by notifications from apps and want to disable them completely or just the notification sound? Our tutorial shows you how to do this. As an alternative, you can also configure Windows Focus Assist (Do Not Disturb Mode) and set quiet hours.