Users of Microsoft Office can reel in a new update this week as the company rolls out Office Version 2212 (Build 15911.20000). This update is currently available on the Beta Channel of the Office Insider Program before it reaches general users later.
Of course, getting an update for Microsoft Office can potentially be exciting with new features a possibility. However, Version 2212 is a more modest release that does not offer any new features or major changes.
Instead, Microsoft is focusing on issuing fixes for known problems across Word, PowerPoint, and Office Suite:
- Fixed the issue responsible for failing to create presentations in PowerPoint
- Fixed the issue where text in Word was unexpectedly hidden by a shape
- We fixed an issue where a new presentation was not created when using the PowerPoint.createPresentation API.
- We fixed an issue where text was unexpectedly hidden by a shape even though the text wrapping option was selected.
- We fixed an issue where applying the blockcontentexecutionfrominternet policy would prevent files containing an embedded macro to no longer to run.”
Microsoft says it is planning a new Office build update for the Beta Channel to arrive this Friday. Hopefully that release will provide more new features than this fix-focused update. It would be nice to get an exciting Office update.
Either way, if you are on the Inside and Beta Channel, you can get the latest Microsoft Office version by opening any Office app and heading to File> Account> Update Options> Update Now.
Tip of the day: Tired of Windows´s default notification and other system sounds? In our tutorial we show you how to change windows sounds or turn off system sounds entirely.