Microsoft is today announcing new process mining capabilities for Power Automate. The tools are from Minit and are accessible through the Process Advisor within the platform. This means users can now leverage more insights to find performance issues in processes and make their low-code automation more efficient.
This integration comes from Microsoft's acquisition of Minit. Minit provides process mining solutions that function across any system and data source. It highlights where bottlenecks and inefficiencies occur in productivity, detailing the data on a chart.
Now available on Microsoft Power Automate, Minit provides templates that users can access to push their processes.
Power Automate used to be known as Microsoft Flow before it was rebranded at Ignite 2019. It is a part of the Power Platform alongside Power BI and PowerApps.
This is a service that allows users to create automated workflows across applications. It can be described as an enterprise-oriented IFTTT competitor. By creating automated chains, users can get data collection, file synchronization, and notifications.
It also has Robotic process automation (RPA). With this integration, the app can support UI flows and become an end-to-end automation tool.
In a blog post, Microsoft discusses the benefits of the Minit integration in Power Automate:
“Realize value faster with out-of-box templates
- Use out-of-box templates for rapid deployment from data ingestion to pre-defined custom reports.
- Gain rapid insights for process optimization and automation opportunities.
- Benefit from broadly applicable financial use cases templates including P2P, O2C, and accounts payable.
Easily prepare, transform, and map data from various data sources
- Use more out-of-box attributes like resource or financial amount and schedule your dataflows refresh.
- Easily connect to your SAP data with direct connectors, and make any required data transformation.
- Access to more than 250 out-of-box connectors.
- Easily transform data using power query technology.
Gain deeper insights with powerful process mining analytics
- Visualize, analyze, and compare the performance of a process and its various real-life or simulated versions, as well as its Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) model.
- Automatically identify repeating activities across your processes, pinpoint the root cause and impact of rework, and eliminate it.
- Experience a new dimension in process map interpretation and simplification, enabling you to drill down into or zoom out of all the process activities as needed with hierarchical process mining.
- Use root cause analysis to uncover hidden connections in your process data and investigate where and why problems occur.
- Enjoy more out-of-box key performance indicators (KPIs), visuals, and filter options that the richer data model brings.
Easily customize your reports, share across the organization, and take action
- Create your customer views, add your custom metrics in the desktop app, and publish them to the web.
- Publish the reports to your own workspace with Microsoft Power BI premium.
- Use your custom views and KPIs, tailor the Power BI reports, and share them across the organization.
- By using Microsoft Power BI Goals and Power Automate, set triggers when KPIs are breached, or process rules are violated, and leverage thousands of available actions.
- Switch between the views and get better insights with new feature-rich visuals.
- Use out-of-box templates to automate parts of the whole process like purchase order from SAP, full automation of accounts receivable, and other automations through cloud and desktop flows.”
Tip of the day: It's a good idea to backup your computer on a regular basis, and the most fool-proof way is to manually create a disk image and save it to an external hard drive.