If you are running Minecraft on iOS you are in for a treat. Mojang is rolling out an update for the Minecraft Bedrock Edition that brings the game to version 1.19.10. While this is a cross-platform update, the biggest change comes on Apple's platform.
Specifically, for iOS and iPadOS, the update brings Bluetooth mouse and keyboard support to Minecraft. Users on Apple's iPad iOS variant will probably get more mileage from this update, but it will also work for iPhone too.
So, you could send your iPhone screen to a big screen and play Minecraft with mouse and keyboard. The ability to stream your iPhone on a big screen is available on all models from the iPhone X and newer.
Moving away from iOS, the 1.19.10 update is a much more standard release across platforms. So, if you're on Android, web, Windows, or console, you get the normal collection of bug fixes and enhancements.
- When an Allay hears a Jukebox playing, it will do a dance animation
- If the Jukebox stops playing, or if the Allay gets too far away from the Jukebox, it will stop dancing
- If the Allay is given an Amethyst Shard while dancing, it will play a small amethyst sound, make a heart, and duplicate into another Allay
- After duplication, both Allays will have a 5-minute cooldown before being able to duplicate again
- Expanded the ‘/locate' command into locate structure and locate biome
- The Trader Llama now has its own spawn egg
- Added the player's cause of death to the death screen
- Music is now included in the game files on iOS, so players no longer need to be download the music pack from the Marketplace
- Added Bluetooth mouse and keyboard support on iOS”
You can find the full release notes covering all the fixes and improvements in the official accompanying blog post.
Tip of the day: To prevent attackers from capturing your password, Secure Sign-in asks the user to perform a physical action that activates the sign-in screen. In some cases, this is a dedicated “Windows Security” button, but the most common case in Windows is the Ctrl+Alt Del hotkey. In our tutorial, we show you how to activate this feature.