- 1 How to Convert a JPG to a PDF with the Photos App
- 2 How to Turn a Picture into a PDF with a JPG to PDF Converter
- 3 How to Convert an Image to a PDF with the Official Adobe Tool
- 4 How to Create a PDF from Images with Smallpdf
- 5 Extra: How to Convert a Word Document to PDF
- 6 Extra: How to Print to PDF from Any App in Windows
Quite often, it’s necessary to turn downloaded or created images into an easily browsable document. For this purpose, there’s no better file format than the humble PDF. Today, we’re going to show you how to convert a JPG to a PDF using a variety of methods.
Convert jpg to pdf or from any other image format
However, though the focus of this tutorial is on JPG images, the steps outlined below should work with most common image formats. You can usually convert an image to a PDF if it’s a PNG, BMP, TIF, or any other non-proprietary image file type.
When you save an image as a PDF it will be resized to fit the document, but its quality shouldn’t be degraded too much. If your image has text in it, you can then make it editable through an application such as Adobe Reader.
Let’s start with how to turn a picture into a PDF with Microsoft Photos:
How to Convert a JPG to a PDF with the Photos App
If you’re on Windows 10 or Windows 11 you can make use of Microsoft’s in-built photos app to print one or multiple images as a PDF file. This is a quick and effective way to get good quality results.
- Press Start, type “Photos”, and click the top result
- Tick the photos you’d like to convert to PDF and press the print icon in the toolbar
You can tick multiple photos to combine several JPGs into a PDF – they’ll appear in the document in the order you ticked them.
If you can’t see the tick box, make sure you’re hovering on the image near the top-right corner.
- Select “Microsoft Print to PDF” in the “Printer” dropdown
- Modify any other settings and press “Print”
- Choose a name for your PDF and hit “Save”
- Open your image as a PDF and check it fits correctly
How to Turn a Picture into a PDF with a JPG to PDF Converter
If you’re planning to create PDFs from images a lot, you’d be better served with some dedicated conversion software. It’s quite a bit faster, so it will quickly make up for the time required to install it. We’ll be using a program called File Converter for the purposes of this guide. It’s free and open source.
Here’s how to use it:
How to Convert an Image to a PDF with the Official Adobe Tool
If you don’t want to use an app at all, you can make use of Adobe’s official JPG to PDF conversion webpage. You just have to upload your image(s) and then download the resulting PDF.
The main downside to this method is that it’s slower and you can only convert a single image at a time. Here’s how to use the tool to convert a JPG to a PDF.
- Go to the JPG to PDF conversion site and press “Select a file”
You can get there by following this link.
- Select the image you want to turn into a PDF and press “Open”
- Wait for the image to convert and press “Download”
- Open your saved PDF to check for errors
How to Create a PDF from Images with Smallpdf
Smallpdf is an online suite of PDF tools that includes an image to PDF converter. Its converter is more advanced than Adobe, allowing you to add multiple images and adjust margins/rotation. Here’s how to turn JPEGS into a PDF with it:
- Go to the SmallPDF converter and press “Choose files”
You can find the website here.
- Select your images and press “Open”
You can Shift or Ctrl + click to select more than one image.
- Press “Convert”
- Download your PDF file
- Open the PDF and check for issues
You may have to go back and adjust the margin sizes or rotation if it does not fit properly.
Extra: How to Convert a Word Document to PDF
If you found this JPG to PDF tutorial helpful, you may also want to try our Docx to PDF guide. It’ll help you turn your Word doc into a static PDF for sharing.
Extra: How to Print to PDF from Any App in Windows
Alternatively, you can follow our tutorial on how to print to PDF from any app so that you never have to worry about it again.