If you forgot your Spotify password or just want to change it to something more secure, we're here to help. We'll be showing you how to change your password for Spotify or send a reset email to recover your account.
Spotify password reset – You have to leave the app
The key thing to know is that you can't change Spotify password from within the app. You must instead use its website. Thankfully, you can access the site from any device, including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux.
How to Change Your Password on Spotify
If you already know your Spotify password, changing it is a simple affair. Just open your Spotify app and make sure you have your current password to hand.
- Press your profile image in the top left and choose “Account” from the list
- Press “Login”
- Select “Change password” in the sidebar
- Enter your current and new password, then press “Set new password”
Spotify will inform you that your password has been updated. You can now use it to log into your account on all of your devices.
How to Reset Your Spotify Password
If you don't remember your password, you'll want to manually head to the Spotify site and reset your account. This should still only take a minute.
- Press the “Log in” button at the top right of the Spotify site
- Enter your email and press the “Forgot your password?” link
- Wait for the reset email to arrive in your inbox
- Check the sender of your reset email and press “Reset password”
You should not click any links that aren't from “[email protected]”. If you don't see the email, check your spam folder.
- Enter your new password twice on the “Reset password” screen and press “Send”
You'll likely have to check the “I am not a robot” box to complete this action.
- Log in to your account with your new password
Extra: How to Change Your Spotify Username and Profile Picture
Now that you've changed your Spotify password, you may be interested in our tutorial on how to change your Spotify username and profile picture.
Extra: How to Download Songs on Spotify as MP3
If you don't want to rely on remembering your password in the future, follow our tutorial on how to download songs on Spotify as MP3. That way, you'll be able to listen to them in a media player of your choice.