This article was contributed by Alice Bailey, a Senior Business Development Manager at QAwerk
A perfectly developed website is one of a company's major assets. It has considerable potential to top the organic search results page and increase awareness of your brand. At the same time, excellent websites can obtain significant organic traffic and compel more customers to take action.
Despite this, website development is not enough to secure your business' success. You can leverage your website by using website testing services to determine its strengths and weaknesses. You must also pair it with an effective website launching strategy. This tool will assess all the website factors that can affect its performance and help you optimize your site.
Continue reading this article to learn about website launching and tips you can utilize to ensure your business' success.
Step-By-Step Guide To Launch A New Website
1. Plan Your Website
Planning involves beyond simply the design and layout of your site. You also need to consider your target audience, competition, content, objectives, and promotions. To optimize your website based on these factors, you need to conduct a series of research.
- Market Research – In planning your website, you need to consider the users you want to visit your site to a vast extent. By defining your target audience, you can tailor your website and its content to their needs and wants.
- Competitors Research – There are almost 2 billion websites available online today. This means that you have plenty of rivals on the results page. The best way to win against your competitors is to study them and make your website better than them.
- Create High-quality Content – One way to drive traffic to your website is to ensure that your site has high authority and relevant content. Thus, you need to invest in search engine optimizations to ensure that the information in your web pages is accurate and relevant.
- Define Key Success Goals – Your objectives for your website should reflect on its content and overall design.
- Website Marketing Strategy – Before developing your website, you should have a clear plan for promoting and advertising your site. This will help you reach more people and not put all your efforts to waste.
2. Select a Domain Name
Choosing a domain name is a critical factor in the success of your website. Thus, you need to think strategically about the name of your domain. It should be catchy and relevant at the same time to attract your target audience. Here are some tips when choosing your domain name.
- You should also avoid using words that might give a negative connotation about your brand.
- People should easily remember your website name.
- Your domain name should be sustainable and, ideally, more general rather than specific. This means that your domain should be all-encompassing and flexible enough to accommodate future business expansions.
3. Map Out Your Site Structure
You should organize the web pages on your site so that users will not have a hard time figuring out how to explore the site. Your audience should be able to easily navigate through the pages so that they can stay longer on your site. To achieve this, you need to label your pages based on their content. For example, you can name the page that contains all the services your company offers as “Service.”
Some web pages fall under another page, such as the page “Residential Garage Doors,” which falls under “Services. Because of this, another critical feature that you need to consider for your site structure is its hierarchy. You need to organize this order to give your readers a seamless user experience.
4. Develop an Exceptional Site Design
Once you have everything planned and carefully laid out, you can now start developing your website design. You should consider choosing the right layout, colors, font, navigation, buttons, and other website attributes. You should also include factors such as the functionality and usability of each part of your website.
5. Launch Your Website
Finally, you can now launch your site and make it available online. Launching the final output may sound like the easiest step, but it's not. This operation is complicated and critical for your website's success. If you don't launch your site effectively, it will not receive traffic and drive sales.
Here are some strategies to help you successfully launch your new website:
- Use your social media business pages to promote and advertise your website.
- Increase brand and site awareness by notifying the press, including bloggers, journalists, and social media influencers.
- Obtain feedback from users and visitors to your page. This can help you improve your website and tailor it to your target audience's desires.
- Use paid ads to improve your website's visibility.
Developing and launching a website are two crucial factors that will ultimately affect the success of your website. Creating a high authority website that is also engaging and relevant to users' needs will have a higher ranking on the organic search results page. At the same time, utilizing effective website launch strategies can also make more people aware of your company and website. So, as a business owner, you should invest in website development and promotions to achieve organic growth and sales.
About the author
Alice Bailey is a Senior Business Development Manager at QAwerk. She is experienced in helping businesses grow, developing strategies and approaches into the company's strategy. In her free time, she dedicates herself to writing about business management, development, and technology.