Intel has sent out a new graphics driver update for Windows 10. Specifically, a new driver version is arriving with one important new ability… support for Windows 10 version 20H2. Microsoft is preparing to launch the next major update for its platform in the coming days.
Intel is ensuring GPU driver support is in place with build number 18.104.22.16853.
Aside from support for Windows 10 version 20H2, the new driver expands the number of games with official support. Users running Intel’s Iris Xe GPU, which accompanies the company’s 11-generation processors, the following games are now supported:
- Doom Eternal’s The Ancient Gods – Part One expansion
- Aquanox: Deep Descent
- Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
Users running the Intel Iris Plus graphics will get support for:
- Amnesia: Rebirth
- Torchlight III
- Shadowlands expansion for World of Warcraft.
Intel’s new driver update also squashes a host of bugs:
- Intermittent crash or hang seen in Shadow of the Tomb Raider* (DX12) and Modern Combat 5* (during loading) (Iris Xe Graphics).
- Intermittent crash or hang seen in Red Dead Redemption 2* (Vulkan).
- Minor graphic anomalies seen while playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- System unable to output 8K resolution with MTC/DSC docks such as Dell Thunderbolt dock (Iris Xe Graphics).
- System hang while plug/unplug monitor from MST hub (Iris Xe Graphics).
- LG27UK850 Monitor intermittent black screen in second screen only mode via Type-C to DP (Iris Xe Graphics).
- Possible garbage display issue seen on external monitor when three monitors plugged into Adicora-A dock and one of the monitors is unplugged (Iris Xe Graphics).
- Display momentarily off on external monitor when playing video on Movies & TV application in full screen (Iris Xe Graphics).
- Possible garbage display issue seen while changing Overwatch game to Windowed mode (Iris Xe Graphics).
- Graphical glitches observed while scrolling down in Edge (Chromium) browser (Iris Xe Graphics).
- Before log-in screen on startup, momentary corruption observed with certain display adapter mode settings (Iris Xe Graphics).
- Stability fixes when connected to USB-C dock (Iris Xe Graphics).
- Small black box corruption seen while moving cursor under different options in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice on Iris Plus graphics.
- Driver installation via igxpin removes OpenCL entry from the registry.
As well as support for Windows 10 version 20H2, Intel’s GPU driver continues to support all Win10 versions as far back as version 1709 (Fall Creators Update). It also works on all Intel Core CPUs from the 6th generation to date.
Users can download and install the update in .exe and .zip formats here.