Last week we reported Microsoft Flight Simulator was entering its closed beta phase. This meant details about the launch of the game, at least on PC, would arrive soon. As it turns out, Microsoft Game Studios has announced the title will launch on August 18.
It is worth noting Microsoft Flight Simulator will debut on PC, with no Xbox One launch date offered. For console gamers, we guess Flight Simulator will play a part in the launch of the Xbox Series X this fall.
It’s worth noting the company is hosting a game showcase on July 23. There’s a solid chance Flight Simulator will play a part in that virtual event and details about a launch on Xbox will be provided.
For those on PC, the game is about to take off. Microsoft says pre-orders are available for Windows 10 users starting today (July 13). Furthermore, Flight Simulator is also coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC in Beta. Users on Game Pass for PC can pre-install the Beta today.
Microsoft Flight Simulator, created by Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio, promises to be one of the most visually impressive games ever. Microsoft has focused on ultra-photo realism for aircraft and airports. For the detailed oriented, Flight Simulator will be a dream come true.
While Microsoft has worked with Asobo on the development of Flight Simulator, the French company is not a part of the Microsoft Game Studios umbrella. Still, the developers works closely with Microsoft. Back in 2016, we talked to the company about how it is integrating Microsoft tech into its titles.
If you have not been a part of the Flight Simulator preview process, here’s what to expect from the game:
- “Vivid and Detailed Landscapes: Immerse yourself in the vast and beautiful world that is our planet with more than 1.5 billion buildings, 2 trillion trees, mountains, roads, rivers and more.
- A Living World: Earth is vibrant and ever-changing and so is the world of Microsoft Flight Simulator which includes live traffic, real-time weather and animals.
- Highly Detailed Aircraft: Hone your pilot skills in a variety of aircraft from light planes to commercial jets with comprehensive flight models. Every aircraft includes highly detailed and accurate cockpits with realistic instrumentation.
- New Checklist System: From pro to beginner, scale your level from full manual to full assist with interactive and highlighted instrument guidance and checklist.
- Dynamic Weather: The new weather engine enables users to switch on the live weather mode to experience real-time weather including accurate wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, rain and more.
- New Day & Night Engine: Experience flight at any time of day or year allowing for night VFR, visual flight rules, navigation.
- Aerodynamic Modeling: A state-of-the-art physics engine with over 1,000 control surfaces per plane allows for a truly realistic experience.”