Unigram is a popular Windows 10 application that taps into the popular Telegram communication platform. It is a third-party solution not developer by Microsoft or Telegram. It has become popular because it allows users on Windows to have an app for the communication tool.
This week, Unigram receive a sizeable update that made numbers changes to the experience. With this release, the app has moved to Version 4.0.
There are several noteworthy additions to the service, including the introduction of Chat Folders. Specifically, users can organize chats into separate folders and create custom folders. Elsewhere, users can now stream audio and video files with Unigram, making the app more useable as a media tool.
People who use stickers and emojis will also be happy as the app has received an extensive update. The release notes point to improved GIFs, emojis, and stickers but there are also some new additions.
- Organize chats into Chat Folders if you have too many chats.
- Create custom folders with flexible settings, or use default recommendations.
- Pin an unlimited number of chats in each folder.
- Right click on a chat in your chat list to add it to a folder.
Stream Videos and Audio files
- You can now play any Videos and Audio files without having to download them.
Improved stickers, GIFs and emojis
- Stickers and GIFs are now animated in the sticker panel and inline bots results.
- Enjoy greatly enhanced loading times for GIFs.
- Quickly find GIFs in emoji-based sections covering the most popular emotions.
- Check the Trending Tab for the top reactions of the day.
- Right click on any GIF in search results to save it to your collection.
- Pinned stickers panel
- Emoji sets have been updated to Unicode 12.1.
- Inline bots got a lot of love as well: all results are now displayed correctly.
Improved files sender and media editor
- New files sender optimized for desktop.
- Choose whether to send your photos and videos as media, files or albums.
- Send uncompressed videos and GIFs.
- New media editor to crop, rotate, flip images and to draw on them.
Improved storage optimization
- Storage optimization screen got a slick redesign and a more polished UX.
… and more!
- This release also includes more than 300 between bug fixes and improvements plus UI polishing in the whole app.”
Unigram initially became popular on Windows Phone. However, when Microsoft abandoned its mobile platform, the app was discontinued. However, it has remained on PC and can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store here.