Minecraft Earth has been available in Early Access since November. Now, the Microsoft-owned game is receiving a major update, as detailed by the official Twitter account.
First announced in April this year, Minecraft Earth is Microsoft’s first AR title. Developed in the same division as Microsoft’s next Halo game for Xbox, the new Minecraft experience will be available for free on iOS and Android.
”Minecraft Earth proposes to completely break the dogma that has lived with us in computing since the beginning: this idea of a single person that holds a single device to create a single experience,” said HoloLens chief Alex Kipman at the time. “With Minecraft Earth, that’s no longer the case. The content is in the real world.”
With the latest update, the game has received some improvements and bug fixes. You can check out the full changelog below.
- Get to know your way around with the new Build Mode tutorial.
- Improved speed of sign-in and app resume speeds by up to 50 percent on all platforms.
- Players are now gifted starting items the first time they enter Build Mode.
- Location reporting now has comment box for specifying detailed reasons like “busy road” and “water feature.”
- Farming in Buildplates now requires tools for harvesting.
- More Adventures added for you to explore.
- Jolly Llama can eat ferns covered in snow.
- Fixed many game crashes.
- Fixed many sign-in issues.
- Added new hostile mob tracker for Adventures
- Mooblooms now look correct when sheared for their buttercups.
- Added smelting intensity animations.
- Updated audio in various parts of the game.
- Added support for many new blocks and items which will be coming soon like the snowball, bone, rotten flesh, gunpowder, raw salmon, food, and nature items.
- Added recipes for polished granite, andesite, diorite, and lapis blocks.
- Diamond Tool and Weapon damage.
- Improved Iron Tool and Weapon damage.
- Improved effectiveness for using right tool on corresponding blocks.
- Decreased effectiveness of wrong tool on corresponding blocks.
- Cluckshrooms no longer drown when entering water.
- Salmon no longer disappear when put on Buildplates.
- Players that had all of their crafting or smelting slots locked should see this resolved.
Minecraft Earth Features
If you’re yet to get onboard with the VR version of Minecraft, here’s the feature list for the game:
- Collecting: Minecraft Earth features many of the mobs that Minecraft players know and love (and potentially hate), along with new ones. The more you play, the higher the chance of discovering unique variants and using them to populate your builds.
- Exploring: You can explore the world around you to gather resources, take on challenges, and experience a whole new blocky world.
- Collaborating: You can team up with other Minecraft Earth players to craft together! You know what they say – it takes a village to craft a whole bunch of Minecraft creations, or something like that.
- Surviving: You can battle Minecraft mobs in real life! Just make sure you don’t stand too close to the Creepers.