This core experience extends across math problems at elementary, middle, and high school levels. Microsoft has leveraged its artificial intelligence technology to power Math Solver.
Solving a problem requires minimum user input. Users simply write the problem into the app or take a photo with the device camera. Math Solver automatically recognizing the problem and offers the answer.
More importantly, the app is a true education tool because it breaks down the problem. The app provides a step-by-step explanation on how to solve the problem, complete with interactive graphs, show similar problems, and even online video lectures.
Math Solver Details
- Write a math equation on screen as you naturally do on paper
- Scan printed or handwritten math photo
- Type and edit using advanced scientific math calculator
- Get interactive Step-by-Step explanation & Graphs
- Import images with math equations from gallery
- Scan and Solve Math Worksheets with multiple problems
- Search the web for similar problems and video lectures
- Try math word problems
- Scan and plot x-y data tables for linear/non-linear functions
- Get help in multiple languages
Elementary: arithmetic, real, complex numbers, LCM, GCD, factors, roman numerals
Pre-Algebra: radicals and exponents, fractions, matrices, determinants
Algebra: quadratic equations, system of equations, inequalities, rational expressions, linear, quadratic and exponential graphs
Word problems on math concepts, number theory, probability, volume, surface area
Basic Calculus: Summations, Limits, derivatives, integrals
Statistics: Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, permutations, combinations
It is worth pointing out that Math Solver is currently in preview. As such, some early bugs are expected for Android users. You can pick up the app from the Google Play Store. If you have an iPhone, the app has been available for some time.