Microsoft has announced a cloud partnership with a leading professional services company. In a blog post, Redmond revealed KPMG will leverage Microsoft technology to accelerate its digital transformation.
KPMG is a provider of Tax, Audit, and Advisory services globally and will roll out Dynamics 365 and Microsoft 365 to member organizations and clients.
Both tools will be the collaboration and productivity suite of choice for KPMG’s 207,000 employees in 153 countries.
Furthermore, the company will also embrace Microsoft’s Azure and Azure AI services as a preferred cloud partner. Specifically, Azure will spearhead KPMG’s upcoming global cloud platform.
All aspects of the partnership are based on a five-year agreement.
Highlights of the Collaboration
- “The strong portfolio of KPMG and Microsoft alliance offerings can help address these challenges more quickly by building applications on demand, automating manual processes, and continuously analyzing information to minimize the risk of errors and increase the ability to make smart decisions.
- Through a jointly funded incubator, KPMG and Microsoft are co-developing a robust portfolio of solutions and managed services in the areas of cloud business transformation, intelligent business applications and smart workplace solutions.
- Based on Microsoft Azure, KPMG Clara is an automated, agile, intelligent and scalable platform that allows KPMG professionals to work smarter, bringing powerful data and analytics capabilities into one interface, while allowing clients to interact on a real-time basis with the audit process.
- KPMG Clara will integrate with Microsoft Teams, providing a platform for audit professionals to centrally manage and securely share audit files, track audit-related activities, and communicate using chat, voice and video meetings. This helps simplify the auditors’ workflow, enabling them to stay in sync throughout the entire process and drive continuous communication with the client.
- Through its common, global cloud platform, KPMG will create a set of cloud-based capabilities ranging from hosting infrastructure based on Microsoft Azure to more than 50 advanced solutions, such as AI, cyber and robotic process automation (RPA).”
“Together with KPMG, we’re accelerating digital transformation across industries by bringing the latest advances in cloud, AI and security to highly regulated workloads in tax, audit and advisory,” said Satya Nadella, CEO, Microsoft.
Nadella points out combining Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, and Azure with KPMG services will help both companies be more powerful in engaging with customers.