Microsoft Teams on Android has received a new update today, bringing some important new features to the tool. With the releases, Teams is bumped to version 1416/1.0.2019042206 on Android. The main addition here is Whiteboard, which is now integrated with Microsoft Teams on Android. The feature comes a week after Microsoft brought Whiteboard to its Teams application on Apple's iOS. Whiteboard was launched on Windows 10 last year. A collaborative application, Whiteboard integrates with inking capabilities of Microsoft Office to bring content to a screen that can be used by multiple users across devices. Users can work together either locally or online with touch support. Documents sync automatically to the loud for use on any PC at a later date and inviting another user is as easy as sharing a link.
More ChangesElsewhere in the new Android update, Microsoft has improved the “Call Me” feature. When in meetings, the feature will remember your phone number. Furthermore, trending messages now appear in the Activity feed. Below is the full changelog for Microsoft Teams version [email protected]
- Collaborate on a Microsoft Whiteboard during a meeting
- “Call me” in meetings now remembers your number for easier re-dialing
- See trending messages in your Activity feed
- See What's New in Teams from within the app
- Teams is now available in Hindi, Filipino, Bengali, and Telugu
- Bug fixes and performance improvements