Microsoft is continuing to wind down preview development of Windows 10 19H1 ahead of its launch next month. The company has today rolled out the latest release, Windows 10 Preview Build 18361. Users of the Fast Ring on the Windows Insider Program can access this update now.
As we have seen in recent updates, Microsoft has halted all feature releases for Windows 10 19H1. The company is now focused on readying the OS for its launch to end users in April. That means Preview Build 18361 is not too exciting and focuses on making fixes.
In fact, there are only two fixes made. Specifically, Microsoft solved an issue that was preventing virtual machines from installing or updating in the Windows Insider Program. Secondly, a fix was issued for unexpected BitLocker prompts.
Here are the full details:
- We fixed an issue preventing certain VMs from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds – the VM would hang on the black screen with the Windows logo.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing unexpected BitLocker prompts to encrypt certain drives, and then subsequently failing to encrypt.
As usual, Microsoft has also detailed known issues in the latest build:
- Microsoft Store app updates do not automatically install on 18356+. As a workaround, you can manually check for, and install updates via the Microsoft Store app. Open Select “…” > “Downloads and updates” > “Get updates”.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
April 2019 Update
As we reported earlier this year, Windows 10 19H1 is likely to be called Windows 10 April 2019 Update when it launches next month.
If you are unfamiliar with the way Microsoft numbers Windows, it is quite an easy system. The version number represents the year and month a new update is finalized. For example, Windows 10 October 2018 Update is version 1809 as it was finalized in September 2018.