This week, Xbox One users are receiving a major new update for the console. Microsoft has rolled out version 1902 to the system, the latest significant release for Xbox One. Despite being a major release, there are no new features on board.
Instead, Microsoft has focused Xbox One version 1902 on fixing known bugs and making general improvements. Also known as build 10.0.17763.4085, the release features plenty of fixes, some for the console and some for games.
For example, Microsoft has solved some reliability issues with Cortana and bumped performance of the My Games & Apps screen. Elsewhere, the company improved 4K visual performance in games and increased the potency of FastStart installations.
As usual, Microsoft has provided a full changelog, which you can check out below:
- Added reliability fixes to Cortana.
- Unplugging a headset during video playback no longer results in audio loss before video playback freezes.
- Made audio system upgrades when switching from Home to a game or app.
- Improved Cortana responsiveness to commands.
- Fixed an issue that caused some consoles to crash unexpectedly.
- Improved performance on the Home Dashboard.
- Improved mouse responsiveness to reduce lag.
My games and apps
- Improved the installation experience for various FastStart titles.
- Fixed a problem in some games (e.g. Resident Evil 0) in which cutscenes would fail and the game would lock.
- Fixes an issue to ensure certain apps like the Avatar Editor and Microsoft Rewards work on first launch.
- Fixed an issue in which some people received the E203 error when taking a system update.
- Improved performance on the network port.
- Improved performance and reliability on the save game feature when games are suspended.
- Improved speed and performance of My games & apps.
- Improved idle screen performance.
- Improved 4K visual performance in games.
- Improved the performance of the guide on Home.
- Made improvements to the 4K video pipeline so that apps like Netflix display 4K content correctly
One of the reasons no new features have been added in version 1902 is because Microsoft is preparing for Xbox One version 1904. That build will launch in April alongside Windows 10 April 2019 Update (19H1) and will include new features. One of them is a floating mini keyboard and a reprogram for the OneGuide button on the Xbox Media Remote.