Windows 10's Sticky Notes app goes unappreciated by many, and that's likely due to a lack of features. Microsoft is now taking steps to remedy that, adding some essential features in the app's latest version. Firstly, users can now create bulleted lists. By typing ‘*' and pressing space, it will automatically create a bullet, meaning no need for dashes or use of numpad codes. It's a feature that should have been present a long time ago, but it's appreciated all the same. The next major feature is exclusive to those on the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. A new maps view will appear when opening address insights.
Performance Improvements and Notification TweaksAs well as the major features, Sticky Notes 22.214.171.124 introduces some smaller ones. Here's the full changelog for clarity:
There's still a lot more functionality we'd like to see, including OneNote syncing, checkboxes, and an ‘always on top' toggle. However, it's still a step in the right direction, and hopefully, this update will signal more to come.
- “Bulleted lists are now supported! Typing ‘*' and hitting ‘Space' at the start of a line auto-converts to a bullet.
- For users on the Fall Creators Update, a new maps view is shown when opening address insights.
- Still getting notifications to upgrade? We'll now only ask you to upgrade when we think we have something super special. (Like this update.)
- If you have any long notes laying around, you might notice they're acting a little faster. That's on purpose!
- Who needs spring cleaning when fall cleaning is just as fun? We've removed many of the bugs that were hanging around. Let us know if you see anything that's out of place!”