Better late than never, Microsoft has released the ISO images for Windows 10 for PCs build 16299. A you may remember, this build was released on the Insider Program late last month. In terms of ISO images, it is the first Windows 10 release since build 16296 two weeks ago.
In the meantime, Microsoft has been busy with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (FCU). The latest feature update was released this week after moving through the finalization process recently. Interestingly, when Windows 10 build 16299 reached the Slow Rin early this month, I speculated it could be the FCU RTM build.
Of course, that did prove to be the case, but Microsoft has still released ISO images for the build. Since the FCU was launched on Tuesday, you could actually download build 16299 through the Media Creation Tool, although it is not on the Insider download page.
In terms of this release, Microsoft has made the following builds available:
- Windows 10 Insider Preview
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Enterprise
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Home China
Microsoft has decided to combine the install packages for Windows 10 Education and Home Single Language. However, the SKUs are still available.
The company has also packaged these downloads:
- Symbols MSI Insider Preview – Build 16299 32-bit / 64-bit
- Features on Demand Pack Insider Preview (part 1) – Build 16299 32-bit / 64-bit
- Features on Demand Pack Insider Preview (part 2) – Build 16299 32-bit / 64-bit
- Language Pack Bundle Insider Preview – Build 16299
- Inbox Apps Bundle Insider Preview – Build 16299
While Insiders can get the Fall Creators Update through the normal release channel, the ISO downloads will allow a clean install.