Microsoft has today announced a payment program that allows customers to buy Surface products over monthly plans. In a blog post, the company says it is rolling out Surface Plus for consumers and Surface Plus for enterprise customers. Currently, the plans are only available in U.S. Microsoft Stores and online.
While most of Microsoft’s Surface products are excellent, well made, and very expensive. From the Surface Pro, to the Surface Book and Surface Laptop, Microsoft charges a premium for its hardware.
That makes the range inaccessible for some customers. Microsoft wants to change that, so has introduced Surface Plus and Surface Plus for Business. These are both flexible financing options that will help customers and businesses get Surface hardware.
Microsoft says the plans are easy to understand and maintain, starting with Surface Plus:
- Low monthly payments:Customers can purchase a Surface device with an easy, 24-month payment plan at 0% APR.1
- Device upgrades:Customers can upgrade to the latest Surface after just 18 months.2
- Dedicated Service & Support:Surface Plus offers best in class service and support from Microsoft Stores. Customers also have the option to add the Microsoft Complete extended service plan.
- Microsoft Store benefits:All customers who shop at Microsoft Store enjoy access to benefits like a 30-day hassle free return policy, a Surface training and health check as well as a year of free in-store support and technical assistance.
Surface Plus for Business
Microsoft wants organizations to embrace Surface alongside Windows 10. Surface Plus for Business is designed for small to medium businesses that are currently involved in the Surface Membership program. Some of the benefits of this plan are:
- Multiple Surface models: Customers can add as many devices as they want into a single agreement and can have a mix of models across the Surface portfolio.
- The latest devices: Previously unavailable, customers can now finance a 55” Surface Hub in addition to the new Surface Pro, Surface Laptop, Surface Book, and Surface Studio to unlock the power of the group in their businesses.
- Office 365 for Business:. For an additional $8.25 per user per month, businesses can enjoy the ultimate productivity experience on Surface.
- Flexible Terms:Businesses can choose flexible 18, 24, or 30 month periods, with the ability to upgrade devices after just 12 months on a 24-month term (after 18 months on the 30-month term). Businesses can also expand or reduce their device fleet mid-term.
- Device Protection: Surface Plus for Business offers peace of mind with the Microsoft Complete for Business extended service plan with accidental damage protection.