Microsoft Garage has announced the release of yet another project, this time an app called Face Swap, in a blog post. The application allows users to swap their faces with those of others, using just one selfie, or place their face in fun scenes.
As expected, Microsoft Research has developed the facial recognition technology that the app uses to change users’ selfies. In conjunction with the huge image database of Bing, it allows users to transport themselves into fun scenes.
The search engine of Face Swap automatically finds faces in pages and shows users the possible results. In addition, the app matches skin tone, head turns, tilts, and lighting conditions.
Face Swap features and more
As mentioned above, with Face Swap users can transform themselves into others, as well as place their selfie into fun scenes. The team behind the app says in the announcement that you can achieve many interesting things using Face Swap.
Here is what users can do with Face Swap:
“Choose a scene
- Pick an image with faces from your camera roll
- Choose a scene from one of our fun categories
- Search for an image with Bing-powered image search
- Search for trending faces and scenes!
Choose a face
- Take a great selfie with our special face swap camera with real-time hints and instructions
- Pick an image from your camera roll
- Search for a face on the web
- You can swap any face into any picture
Many swap categories
- See yourself with a new hairstyle
- Try on different fashions
- Pop yourself into trending scenes
- Swap multiple faces on a group photo
- Put your friend’s face onto some funny pictures”
Additionally, Microsoft Garage clarifies that more exciting features will be coming to the app soon.