Microsoft has today introduced Minecraft users on Pocket and Windows 10 editions to version 1.1. Most will probably now this release as the long-awaiting Discovery Update. Like all major Minecraft builds, the update comes with a slew of new features and changes to the sandbox building game.
Among the changes are new buildings, maps, animals, and items. For example, gamers on Minecraft Pocket and Windows 10 can now explore the Woodland Mansion.
Other new editions include new blocks (such as concrete), Dyable Beds, Llamas, and enchantments like Frostwalking and Mending. Minecraft is also talking up new Add-Ons, such as the Skyrim Mash-Up Pack.
The big news about the Discovery Update is that it introduces a Marketplace. You may remember Microsoft reported this feature back in April. This is the first time that Pocket and Windows 10 Edition users will be able to access the Marketplace.
Users can access the hub to buy community-created textures, skins, and maps. Mojang says content is single-purchase, meaning you can buy it once and use it across any Windows 10 and Pocket Edition device.
Microsoft said at the time that the emphasis of the Discovery Update is creations. New cartographer maps that have been built with the collaboration of community-known map makers.
Among the creator partners are: Noxcrew, BlockWorks, Qwertyuiop The Pie, Blockception, Sphax, Eneija Silverleaf, Imagiverse, Polymaps and Razzleberry Fox. Microsoft says submissions remain open to any registered business owners.
Minecraft 1.1 Pocket and Windows 10 Discovery Update changelog;
- Minecraft Marketplace
- Skyrim Mash-up Pack
- Shulker Boxes
- Woodland Mansions
- Cartographer Villager & Exploration Maps
- Illagers (Evokers & Vindicators)
- Concrete & concrete powder
- Glazed terracotta blocks
- Dyeable beds (and you can jump on them, too!)
- Iron and Gold tools can now be smelted into Iron Nuggets and Gold Nuggets
- Adventure Mode
- New game rules: DoFireTick, DoMobSpawning, DoTileDrops, MobGriefing, DoEntityDrops, KeepInventory, DoMobLoot, DoDaylightCycle
- New achievements
- Mending & Frostwalking enchantments
- Totem of Undying
- Off-hand slot (only works for arrows & Totem of Undying)
- Changes in world generation. Seeds which contain pre-generated structures such as ocean monuments & igloos may generate those structures in different places now
- The sun now rises in the East and sets in the West
- CanPlaceOn & CanDestroy are now supported in the ‘/replaceitem’ command
- Dampened the vertical look speed when using a controller
- Improved navigation of the settings screen when using a controller
- The X button can now be used to clear the hotbar on the Creative inventory screen when using a controller
- Improved controller input when selecting items on the Creative inventory screen
- Maps are now numbered so you can tell which map is which!
- Empty Maps with Compasses have been renamed to Locator Maps to distinguish between Empty Maps without Compasses
- New sleeping animation slowly lowers you into serene slumber
- Updated color palette for wool blocks and carpet
- Stained clay blocks have been renamed to terracotta
- Improved lead rope physics
- Cave Spiders now attack with poison time based on difficulty
- Worlds will now show a screenshot preview in the main menu
- 1 melon block can now be crafted into 9 melon slices
- 1 cobweb can now be crafted into 9 strings
- Eating animation can now be seen in third-person camera
- /locate command will now find more structures
- The screen safe area can now be adjusted in Video settings
- Add-Ons: movement properties are now data-driven