Microsoft has updated the View 3D application once more, this time improving its interface and bringing the version number to 1.1705.3039.0. Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring using View 3D in PC and tablet will see an improved interface.
In addition, the latest update brings two new welcome messages to the app. Microsoft is hoping it these messages will hasten the onboarding and acclimation progress for new users.
You can download the View 3D app from the Microsoft Store. Just make sure your device is running the Windows 10 Creators Update since Paint 3D and View 3D only run on the latest Windows 10 feature update.
Here is the full changelog:
- “Improvements in the interface to the PC version and tablet Windows 10.
- Implemented two new welcome messages:
- “Look at every little detail of 3D models such as Mars Rover Curiosity mouse controls with simple, touch, pen or keyboard!”
- “Open and easily interact with 3D models on your PC or on a mobile device by selecting the Open button in the menu bar.”
- Generic Bug Fixes and improvements.”
Microsoft’s 3D vision
With the arrival of the Windows 10 Creators Update, users got their hands on both applications. The latest Windows 10 feature update is clearly 3D-centered, with Paint 3D replacing the classic Paint app.
Recently, Microsoft announced that View Mixed Reality will also come to Windows 10 later this year. This new feature gives users on the platform to view 3D creations created in augmented reality.
It is safe to say that the Redmond giant is heavily focused on 3D, something everyone expected. Microsoft has always been one of the top tech pioneers in the world and knows that 3D is the present and Mixed Reality is the future.