Microsoft has announced yet another update to its Teams app for iOS which brings the version number to 1.0.12 and adds several new features. The company has been working constantly towards improving the user experience for its chat-centered workspace.
The most important addition by far is support for video calls. Users can now connect face-to-face using immersive video calling through Microsoft Teams.
Another useful new feature this update adds is the ability to create new channels within Microsoft Teams. Concerning the visual improvements, version 1.0.12 brings improved image viewer experience within Microsoft Teams. Users will now find it easier to zoom and pan while using the viewer.
Here is the full changelog:
- “Connect face to face using immersive video calls
- Tailored user experience for iPad
- Easily add or remove team members
- Create new channels
- Rename group chats and add new members to existing chats
- Improved image viewer lets you zoom and pan easily
- Improved support for previewing files in conversations
- Bug fixes and performance improvements”
Recent Android update and Trello
A few days ago, Microsoft announced a similar update for its Teams app for Android. That update brought similar new features to the Microsoft Teams for Android app, such as the ability to create new channels.
In addition, Microsoft recently announced Trello integration with Microsoft Teams. This means users on desktop and web clients can view Trello from within the Team’s interface, saving time and taskbar space. They can also link Trello cards online and have dedicated channels.