Microsoft has today launched a new update for the Remote Desktop Preview app. The release is now available in the Windows Store. With this update, the company is adding new features to improve the functionality of the app. There are no new features, but several improvements to be found.
For example, Microsoft has now introduced support for RDP files and added local microphone access. With this release, the Remote Desktop Preview app is moving to version 976.
One of the key new abilities through this update is a more efficient way of managing desktops across a group. Users can now move their desktops between groups through drag and drop interactions. Below is the full changelog for version 976:
- RDP file support
- Access the local microphone from the session
- New sessions can use a non-English keyboard
- Desktops can be moved between groups using drag and drop
- Clipboard redirection can now be turned off
- Bug fixes
Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Preview app allows users to connect to a PC remotely. They can also access virtual apps and desktops created by admin departments. It is available for users with Windows 10 Mobile devices.
Remote Desktop Update
Back in March, Microsoft launched an update for the Remote Desktop across clients. On Windows 10, the company added an ability that allows multiple concurrent connections, presented in a new management interface that makes them easy to switch between. Users can see active connections and disconnect or connect them on the fly.
This ability brought the following benefits to the service:
- “Choose to start sessions in full screen or not from the global settings.
- Select the behavior when resizing the app window from the global settings.
- Allow the remote resolution to be dynamically updated from the connection settings for connections to Windows 8.1 or above.”