Microsoft and the Mojang team have announced a new update for Minecraft Pocket and Windows 10 Edition today. The Chinese Mythology Mash-Up Pack is arriving with numerous changes and features. With this update, users will be bumped to version 1.0.6.
Among the additions with the Chinese Mythology update is a new landscape with “Eastern” influences. Among the new features to find are ancient cities, dragons, and even giant pandas.
The pack also arrives with 26 new skins for gamers to enjoy. Furthermore, a new game texture has been added to add vivid color to building blocks. Microsoft used noted composer Gareth Coker to create the original score for this Minecraft update.
Users will also now be able to tame and ride skeleton horses that have spawned from traps. Other changes and fixes include the reintroduction of idle sounds in baby mobs, properly scaled golem pumpkin heads, and a fix for a problem that stopped Minecraft loading on Android devices.
Here is the full changelog:
- Chinese Mythology Mash-up Pack
- The Worlds section has been added to the Store, featuring the Redstone Mansion!
- In-game messages/changelogs are no longer tied to new updates
- The jump range of slimes is now correct
- Skeleton horses spawned from traps can now be tamed and ridden
- Finally fixed the bug with MCPE not starting on some Android devices (Thank you, Tomas A!)
- Baby mobs once again make idle sounds
- Blocks that are destroyed by the Wither will now drop properly
- Arrows fired from a dispenser will now hit entities directly in front of the dispenser
- Snow Golem pumpkin heads will now properly scale with Add-Ons
- Fixed the ‘Cancel’ button not appearing when downloading content from the Store without wi-fi
- Solved a crash that occurred when changing the storage location of an imported resource pack set to active in Global Resources
- Fixed a crash in Realms after being attacked by a Blaze
- Replacing a world on a Realm will now properly apply dependent Add-On packs
- Items can now pass under top slabs
- Bottom slabs will no longer reduce the spawn rate of mobs that spawn below the slabs
- A lit furnace can no longer be obtained by using a pickaxe with Silk Touch
- Fixed several item names appearing on the furnace screen
- The End Rod will now be greyed out in the Pocket UI crafting table if the player is lacking the necessary ingredients
- End Portal blocks are no longer solid and have the correct particles
- Fixed a crash when attempting to join a full multiplayer game
- Fixed players having no sound when joining an Xbox Live game
Minecraft Discovery Update
Yesterday, Microsoft announced that the Discovery Update will come to Minecraft Windows 10 and Pocket editions this spring. The release will focus on bringing creator-community marketplace and Minecraft Coins.
Putting an emphasis on creators, the update will also include new stashes with cartographer maps. The Minecraft team collaborated with community-known map creators to offer a catalogue of maps, minigames, and more for the update.