Yesterday, we discussed the release of Windows 10 Insider build 15063 for PC and mobile users on the Fast Ring. As we know, Microsoft follows releases with Windows 10 SDK and Windows 10 Mobile Emulator updates. The SDK and Emulator for build 15063 has now leaked ahead of schedule and are available online.
The updates were discovered by Microsoft watcher WalkingCat, who posted them on Twitter. As Microsoft has not released these officially, there is no changelog available.
However, it is a solid guess to say the Windows 10 SDK Preview for build 15063 will focus on fixes and improvements. The SDK has been feature complete since the start of February. Of course, Microsoft is now winding down releases ahead of the Creators Update.
While nothing is official, the SDK Preview for Windows 10 Insider build 15063 could be the RTM update. If you want to grab the update, it is available here (automatic download).
Windows 10 emulators allows developers to test their apps within a virtual environment in Visual Studio. The ROM for Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 15063 is also available, with some caveats. Users will need Visual Studio 2015 and at 4GB of RAM on their machine.
Other requirements include hardware-assisted virtualization, Second Level Address Translation (SLAT), and hardware-based Data Execution Prevention (DEP). You can download it from here (automatic download).
Windows 10 Insider build 15063
As mentioned, Microsoft rolled out build 15063 to the Fast Ring yesterday. As we have seen recently, the release focused on fixing issues and generally prepping the software for the full Creators Update release on April 11. Here is the complete changelog:
- “We fixed a reliability issue from Build 15061 resulting in Microsoft Edge hanging and becoming completely unresponsive.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders where the localized files and registry keys associated with any additional language packs on the system would not be installed after enabling .NET Framework 3.5.”
- “We fixed the bug causing a number of inbox apps to fail to launch (such as Store) and also preventing any app updates from the Store from working. Thank you all for sending us feedback around this.
- We fixed the bug causing background tasks to not run in the background like they should such as OneDrive's camera roll sync feature. Background tasks should be working again as expected and your camera roll will sync to OneDrive again.
- We fixed the issue where in some cases you may lose your call, text, and email history may be lost if your device experiences an unexpected reboot.
- Speech Packs should download and install normally.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders with certain cars resulting in connection failures after pairing Bluetooth.
- We fixed an issue where replacing the default APN for LTE on the phone wouldn't work.”