Microsoft is continuing its busy schedule of Xbox One Insider Preview updates. Today, the company has sent out a new preview build to Xbox Insider Program users on the Preview Beta and Preview Ring 3 branches.
As the releases now come more often, the number of features has dried up. This makes sense as Microsoft is now finalizing the Redstone 2 release ahead of its April launch.
Indeed, we fully expect these updates to stop entirely after this week. As for the latest release, it brings the Alpha release from Sunday to select users on the Beta and Ring 3 branches. Yes, a usual, the initial roll out is only for some Xbox One insiders and not all.
There is nothing in this build to get excited about. Microsoft has made fixes to localized text and also made general improvements and fixes around the platform. The company has published a changelog while also detailing some known issues:
- Localization: Miscellaneous fixes to localized text and content.
- Miscellaneous: Miscellaneous performance fixes and improvements.
- Game Clips: After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- Settings – Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display: The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Recent Xbox One Preview Releases
As we reported yesterday, Microsoft has a busy weekend. The company rolled out several preview build to the Xbox Insider Program.
One of the builds, 15058 came with a new Update Screen experience, which has been the only new feature through the last several releases.