Microsoft’s Office 365 is used across the world by over 85 million active users, and one arm of that is SharePoint. Last year, the company ran a “virtual summit” for the application drawing in over 50,000 viewers.
Last year, Microsoft used the event to announce the roadmap of SharePoint and OneDrive, promising the following changes:
- “The first ever SharePoint app across all mobile platforms and a new SharePoint home experience in Office 365.
- Modern SharePoint Team Sites seamlessly connected to Office 365 Groups and Microsoft Teams.
- A new OneDrive Sync client with support for SharePoint files and shared folders.
- PowerApps and Microsoft Flow integration to support rapid app and business process development.
- SharePoint Framework, a modern, client-side development model and toolchain to usher in the next generation of custom development on SharePoint.
- New security and compliance capabilities such as data loss prevention (DLP), Conditional Access and Mobile Device Management (MDM).”
This year will reveal the plans for 2017, with talks from corporate vice presidents Jeff Teper, James Phillips, Chuck Friedman and industry leading consumers. Further discussion will center around the combination of Office 365, Windows and Azure to reinvent productivity.
It’ll also be a chance for businesses to learn how to take advantage of SharePoint in the workplace. Microsoft will be talking about using SharePoint, OneDrive and the Office 365 collaboration toolkit to become more efficient and communicative.
SharePoint Virtual Summit Schedule
The schedule for this year’s summit is short and cheerful, running for two hours in total. Here are the times (PDT):
- “10:00am – Doors open
- 10:15am – Summit keynote
- 11:00am – Customer showcase and technical breakout sessions
- 12:00pm – Q&A with Microsoft executives”
It’s worth noting that you must register to access the stream. You can do so on the SharePoint Virtual Summit webpage, where you’ll also find more information about the event.